Grounded Practices to Support your Spirit Work
All of us have the innate capacity to connect with the spiritual ecology of relationships that surround and support our life. It is our birthright should we choose to turn our attention to these unseen realms and to cultivate the skills of relating in these ways.
However, within a dominant culture that not only dismisses this but is also heavily influenced by both new-age spiritual practices that tend to dismiss the body towards higher consciousness, and by legacies of religious doctrines that espouse only transcendence - a leaving of this earthly plane - as a path to Spirit, we can be left without grounded skills to anchor Spirit wisdom into our life in practical, embodied, relational and integrated ways.
From these legacies, stepping into the path of relating to the ecology of Spirit ones more consciously can be overwhelming, in different ways. Some people are more prone to spiritual experiences, altered consciousness and spontaneous 'other-realm happenings' in ways that may be frightening, non-consensual, out-of-body, and lead to difficulty feeling safe while in connection to Spirit relationships. Other people may struggle to trust their intuition and doubt the experiences they do have, leading to confusion, constant questioning if it is real, and struggling to make meaning. And, all of this is workable!
Immanence is an intimate group program firmly rooted in Spirit as not separate from this earthly plane, but rather infused within and around, and requiring only our shift in attention to perceive and relate to this rich and diverse realm. Immanence embraces embodied presence as a significant site where Spirit can be known and related to and through which the benefits of our spiritual relationships and gained wisdom can become manifest into our life.
Immanence also recognizes that embracing the body as necessary ally and instrument to our Spirit work requires fine-tuning of our embodied and energetic awareness and the skills of boundaries, discernment, pacing and cultivating safe reciprocal relationships with our Spirit partners.
What is this?
This is a 4 week experiential program in the foundations that
support you in deepening your trust and relationship within the ecology of Spirit ones that you connect with, or would like to connect with (ancestors, deities, allies,
guides, luminous ones, nature spirits...).
will explore and practice the skills of embodied presence, energetic awareness,
boundaries, pacing and choice as we navigate Spirit relationships within
the values of reciprocity, consent, and safety.
And, ultimately, that your spirit relationships are a source of joy, fulfillment, healing and wisdom!
What will this look like?
This is a small group program of 6-8 people. We will meet once a week for 1.5-2.0 hours of teaching, experiential practice and guided embodied Spirit work, plus time for group discussion. Sessions will be guided by both pre-set learning themes and skill development, and by what arises in the group experience as teachable moments for everyone.
Each week will include invitations for practices and rituals to do between our live sessions.
You will also receive a one-hour personal session with Shauna for individualized support and guidance.
On Zoom every Tuesday in June 2022, 10:00am-11;30/12:00pm Pacific time (June 7, 14, 21, 28)
Your personal session must also be booked within the month of June (various days and time options will be made available to you through an online scheduler)
What is required?
Live attendance to all the Zoom sessions with camera on is required, and a willingness to actively participate, share and engage in a small group learning environment.
What will I receive?
- at least 6 hours of live teaching and guided Spirit work with time for questions and discussion
- 1 hour personal session with Shauna for individualized guidance and support
- Access to the recorded weekly calls for 2 months afterwards to review and integrate
- Additional resources and downloadable guided audio journeys to support your embodied Spirit work.
What is the cost & how do I register?
This program is offered on a sliding scale $325-$425.
One partial scholarship is available at $175.
Payment by email transfer or Paypal is accepted (CAD currency for those residing in Canada, and USD currency for all others)
Please send an expression of interest to [email protected], and share what you hope to gain from this experience and why this support would be helpful for you. If you come as a referral from another practitioner, please let me know. Also include if you are requesting the partial scholarship spot.
A wait-list will be taken if requests are high. Thank you for your patience and understanding.
Who is this program for?
This is for you if you:
- identify as sensitive to energy, or highly empathic, and are seeking more control and choice in what you are sensing/feeling and how to manage it
- are looking for an opportunity to build your trust and intuitive capacity when relating to Spirit ones
- are new to the path of Spirit work and would like a strong foundation of skills to get you started
- are already doing active Spirit work but looking for a refresher and a community of practice
- seem to find yourself in intense and fast-paced spirit journeys where you don't understand what is happening or why
- have hesitancy to connect with your ancestors because of inter-generational trauma and a sense that you might be opened to a flood of not-good energy
- are experiencing a spiritual awakening and would find being in a group with others who "speak the same language" helpful and supportive
- have relative stability in your current life circumstances (housing, food, general health, supportive relationships, access to resources etc)
This offering is not a good fit at this time if you:
- are in a crisis or big transition/change in your life
- are currently navigating acute mental or physical health challenges
- have recently experienced a traumatic event
- are not comfortable learning and sharing within a small group of others
- are attached to Spirit work needing to be intense to be meaningful
About my approach in this course
The content and skill development that I offer in this course is based in both my lived experience and my professional development in energy work, somatic practice, spiritual and ancestral healing.
Personally, as a somatic intuitive who has been susceptible to spontaneous Spirit contact all my life, I needed to cultivate the skills of embodied and energetic boundaries and awareness towards effective and safe Spirit relationships that were on my terms and in a more reciprocal and consensual way. I did not grow up supported in these aptitudes, or even acknowledged in their existence. I understand what it means to live at the 'mercy' of these experiences, many that I didn’t understand, before gaining proficiency in living with them in joyful and healing ways.
Professionally, the most informative teachers and experiences in my lineage of learning have been with Betsy Bergstrom (Spirit Wise); Maris Bergrune (Living Voice Medicine); 3 years of training in Healing Pathways, a subtle-body energy modality; 3 years of immersive training in ancestral lineage healing; guiding hundreds of folks in their own Spirit and ancestral connections; in my ongoing apprenticeship with my Elder ancestors, Spirit partners and within Old Norse Seidr practice. Also, my 15 years and ongoing focused spiritual contemplative practices, and the refined energetic field attunement that 15+ years of group facilitation has granted.